My mother is at Windsor Gardens Convalescent Home in Anaheim, CA She was placed there by her alcoholic husband.She arrived with no clothes, no personal grooming items, and no money.

She is unkemp, wearing a dirty hospital gown, unwashed hair, has lost a lot of weight and is depressed. Despite that the people that run this place won't allow my brother and I visits with our mother. They refused to let me to speak with my mother by phone. My brother managed to get in and see her briefly but they had him escorted out by the Anaheim police.

They are in serious violation of Ca law.

Don't take any senior to this place and if you have a loved one in a home please go and check on their well-being.Windsor Gardens in Anaheim, CA is not fit for human habitation.We need serious nursing home reform now!

Had an Experience with Windsor Gardens?

Comments

I just reread your post.I couldn't reach my mom on the phone either.

There was always some excuse. YOU call the police and report abuse. Negligence is a form of abuse. They are legally bound to allow visitors.

Depriving a loved one of contact is neglect/abuse. Nursing homes have a bad reputation for a reason. And records tampering and cover-ups are the norm. Look it up.

GET HER OUT OF THERE!!

That company goes by different names. They are a huge nationwide corporation.

The California Dept of Public Health is dragging their a**es on my complaint, but they are also in violation of some laws that are being investigated.But do NOT give up.

Contact me and I will help you as much as I can.

This company is had a class-action lawsuit against them in 2008 in California and many other complaints before and since.GET HER MEDICAL RECORDS ASAP!!

VIDEOTAPE HER CONDITION!! GET DOCUMENTATION RIGHT AWAY!!! AND STAY WITH HER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!

Better yet, GET HER OUT OF THERE! And there are legit attorneys who work on a contingency basis.

Last year my mother was neglected during her 2-day stay at WG of the Valley and passed away 2 days later.

She was in there for rehab on a broken hip!! She had just turned 70. Within 24 hrs of her arriving, they called to say she was unresponsive and asked if she could talk! They said she "WON'T" talk or eat.

I specificallyasked "Won't" or "can't"? He said "Shewon't" I said she was fine 2 days prior in the hospital. He did nothing. That night I saw her and she barely moaned and never moved or closed her mouth.She COULDN'T do anything, not WOULDN'T!!!

I frantically asked numerous questions saying that wasn't normal for her but they did nothing!!!! They were totally unconcerned and unaffected.

The morning after her O2 was at 40% and the paramedics found food lodged in her trachea to the point that they had to "force" the breathing tube through the bolus of food.

She acquired aspiration pneumonia and sepsis.The nursing staff CLAIMS it all happened that morning but I KNOW it started before that.

If you want more information about my story, and if you want to know...

I can also give you organizations and gov't entities to complain to.